As we approach the start of the summer season we would like to update you on a few items, including some minor changes to the competition rules.
- The summer knockout draws have been made and are on the notice board in the Men’s Locker room. (There are a substantial number of members who have yet to pay their entry fees for the competitions, could you please do so as soon as possible!)
- The Committee has decided to adopt the Local Rule proposed by the R&A in relation to “Accidental movement of a ball on the putting green – Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1 are modified as follows:
When a player’s ball lies on the putting green, there is no penalty if the ball or ball-marker is accidentally moved by the player, his partner, his opponent, or any of their caddies or equipment.
The moved ball or ball-marker must be replaced as provided in Rules 18-2, 18-3 and 20-1.
This Local Rule applies only when the player’s ball or ball-marker lies on the putting green and any movement is accidental.
Note: If it is determined that a player’s ball on the putting green was moved as a result of wind, water or some other natural cause such as the effects of gravity, the ball must be played as it lies from its new location. A ball-marker moved in such circumstances is replaced.”
- The Committee have also decided to introduce a temporary rule in relation to balls which come to rest in an area of the green affected by Fusarium damage. If your ball comes to rest IN an area which has been damaged it may be lifted and placed immediately adjacent to the damaged area no nearer the hole and by no more than 1” (25mm) from the edge of the damage it has come to rest in, on an area of undamaged green, without penalty. The purpose of this temporary rule is to at least allow the ball to start moving on undamaged green, even though it may have to travel over further damage on route to the hole.
- The White tees will be in use for the Easter Teams of 3 on Saturday.
- A reminder in relation to filling in your competition cards. Please ensure you put the Competition Name, Date, your name and handicap on the card in accordance with local competition rules (available on the website under Members Area).
Finally, we wish you a great golfing season.
Regards Chris and Jonathan